Friday, March 26, 2010

St. Patricks Day!

My kids really do love holidays. They love to dress up and they love all the fun activities their teachers have at school for them. So kinda funny.... I was getting the kids ready for school in the morning and Corey decided to wear her little clover headband, but Cade decided he did not want to wear his, but he was just going to keep it in his backpack and show his teacher. I thought that was fine because it did look a little funny on Cade...being a boy. But at this point in my life, as a mother, I do not argue with my kids.... if they want to wear it, they go ahead. I am so over caring what people think.
So I was so surprised because Corey kept her headband on all day at school. She is usually my worrier; so worried about what people think. So when I went to pick Cade up from preschool, he had his headband on. I was laughing because I did not think he was going to wear it and ALL OF HIS TEACHERS said OH NO, HE WORE IT ALL DAY. I guess he told me all the kids and teachers loved it when he showed them that he decided to wear it. And then as we ran errands for a few hours after, he also wore it into every store and people just kept looking at him and smiling. Then we ran by dads work and showed him and all his friends and they got quite a kick out of it. He just had this goofy smile with his clover headband...it was just funny! At that age they can get away with wearing anything.
I was kinda feeling bad because it is hard enough for a mom just to remember to dress their kids up for holidays....blah, blah,blah... So I got that part right. Well as I was reading a few of my friends blogs and hearing a few stories from my kids after school, moms really get into St. Patricks Day! They make green meals and have treasure hunts with gold and rainbows at the end and secret leprechauns visiting the house. I was feeling like I did not do enough. Is St. Patricks Day really a holiday? What are we celebrating? All I can remember is that it is my sisters birthday and I have to get her a present and to wear green, so my kids do not pinch me all day. THEY HAVE A MEAN PINCH!











No comments: