Saturday, March 13, 2010

Skiing at Beaver- A DAY FOR THE KIDS

So we decided to finally take the kids skiing for the first time this year and for the first time in a couple years. I have been up without kids once or twice, but it has been about 2 years since Corey has gone and this was CADE's first time. They were so excited. We just hung out on Little Beaver all day.
Well since I was on a snowboard, it was too hard for me to teach the kids, so I just put my board down and walked around and took pics for the first hour or so. Matt was helping Cade, Mandy was helping Corey and her daughter Skye (cousin) and Regan was also with us, helping Skye too. We started over on this littler hill on LITTLE BEAVERS' side. It has a magic carpet for the kids to ride up and the hill is really short and not so steep. Corey picked it up again like it was nothing. I was so proud of her. She is so determined and athletic. I am so happy for her. She was loving it. Aunt Mandy really is a good teacher. Matt was working with Cade and he was doing pretty good too. Cousin Skye was not so interested, so poor Regan had to go and entertain her in the lodge and in the car for the rest of the day.
We finally decided to venture up the real ski lift and try LITTLE BEAVER. Corey followed Mandy down the mountain and Matt was attempting to teach Cade, until he decided that we needed the HARNESS. Once he had the harness, Cade was doing alot better and the adults were no so worn out. Mandy helped Cade alot with the harness, while Matt and I were watching Corey and trying to keep up with her. I got to ride solo, on the lift, all day, with a bunch of little kids. They were actually all pretty talkative.
And then at the end of the day, after Corey was on her own, Mandy and I decided to switch. She was going to learn to snowboard while I was going to learn to ski. The first run was a little rough for both of us, but the 2nd and 3rd run were not so bad. We both were excited to try something new and we can't wait to break away and go again so we can get better. Corey was so funny. She did not want to wait up for me on Little Beaver and watch me because I was too slow. Skiing is way fun. I picked it up way faster than I thought I would, but I am still SO NOT GOOD. It is so fun trying something new. I did not think, that at 30, I would be interested in a challenge like this, but I was. It made me feel like I was NOT SOOOO OLD!













































































No comments: