Friday, March 26, 2010

Corey's Science Fair




So this year again, Corey wanted to do the Science Fair. I think it is great that she wants to do extra credit projects, just because she likes to learn and she likes to be involved. This time around, I almost had a melt down though because the project was becoming MY PROJECT. I like to help my kids find their ideas and get them started, but it irritates me when it becomes my project. I got angry with her one night, when she was whining about gluing all the stuff to her poster board. I told her this was HER IDEA, not mine and that she needed to follow through with it or I would not let her do these extra projects every year.
But it ended up working out. Her project was the TARNISHED PENNY. She soaked dirty pennies in certain liquids, for a couple days, to see which liquid cleaned the best. In fact, Apple Juice cleaned the best, which was so weird. None of us guessed that liquid would clean the best. But she had a fun time doing it.
She loves going to the Science Fair and and seeing the people in her class and their projects. And both Cade and Corey like to walk around and learn all about the other projects. There were alot of Volcanoes this year and white flowers soaking in colored water. There was also a project identical to Corey's and they had a different outcome. But I guess that is how Science Works. Kinda fun! Next year Corey and Cade will be able to do a Family Project together. That will be ALOT OF FUN to decide together which project to do. I can already see a battle in the future.






























































No comments: