Monday, May 19, 2014

Pinewood Derby- May 1st


Cade had another successful Derby. Its so funny. Because every year the Derby is in May and that is such a busy time for Matt. Matt complains and complains that he has no time to help Cade, but yet he is out there, in his garage,  every night till midnight working on Cade's car. He lets Cade help till about 10:30/11:00 and then I make Cade go to bed. But that is what I love about my husband, is that even though he is so busy, he wants his son to do well in the derby, so he puts in the time. Even the night before and the day of the derby they are both still twerking things to make it faster and better. I love it! And I know Cade loves it too because he loves doing stuff with Matt. And Cade loves the derby!

Cade did earn his Wolf, a few arrow points, and a bunch of belt loops also at the pak meeting. And then afterwards, the boys just get to race their cars against each other. They don't do any medals or first place awards or anything, but the boys just had fun and they still all kinda know who the top 3 fastest cars are just by racing each other. I love it this way because it just lets the boys relax and have a good time, especially if maybe it was a hard year for a boys' dad to help them or something and their car didn't turn out great!  It is just a better environment. 

We kinda had a lot going on that night, so I didn't get to stay long, but for the time I was there, Cade was happy and smiling! 
















No comments: