Monday, May 19, 2014

My Oldest is Turning 11... May 10th...Corey is Growing Up



I can't believe my oldest child and my only daughter is turning 11. It is so strange to me. I remember when she was just 1 years old and we were living over in Wellsville in my grandpas 125 year old house. How life was so simple then. She really has grown up so much and it is so fun to see her personality traits developing and her talents developing. I look at all these old pictures and I just see how much she has grown up. And I still remember all these times in her life. 

It was such a joy the day she was born. I remember she was born the day before Mothers Day and so I spent Mothers Day in the hospital. It was that day she was born, that I knew what all the moms were talking about when they said "Nothing Compared to being a Mother" and that "Having Children Changes You" and that "There is no love like a parents love or like a mothers love." I knew that my life would change for the better and it has. It has with all my children. But Corey is special because she was my first and I got to have all  my FIRSTS with her. 

Corey has a lot of great attributes and talents. She is such a joy to have around and she makes my life easier (well most of the time). She is very dependable. She is a great babysitter. She does amazing in school. I never have to worry about her not getting an assignment done because she is so on top of things. Sometimes I feel guilty because I have to help Cade get organized  and get his HW done and Corey just kinda does it on her own. She is a peacemaker with her friends. She is so cute with her little brothers, Casen and Crew. Her and Cade struggle a little. She is a perfectionist, so she always wants to get 100 % on assignments and tests. She is such a motivated and determined person...way more than I am. She is very humble and kind when she does something great. She has an amazing memory. She is very good at almost anything she tries. She is a great dancer. And I am sad because this is going to be her last year dancing and I don't have any more girls. She is also a great soccer player and I enjoy watching her play so much. She is also very hard on herself, so when she makes a mistake, there is usually tears. She is also a great runner, even though she doesn't love JUST RUNNING. She won the Greenville Mile this year in 5th grade and she was so thrilled. It has been a goal of hers to beat her cousin one of these years and she did it this year. I just love that she makes goals and tries to achieve them. She is also great at gymnastics. 

She is such a perfectionist that it makes her cry sometimes when she doesn't accomplish something she wanted to. She is also very passionate and so when she messes up in a soccer game, she gets emotional. She wants to be dependable and so when she isn't, it upsets her. And its the end of the world, if her outfit doesn't match or if she doesn't have time in the morning to plan out her outfit just perfectly. She does care what people think a little too much and so we are trying to get her out of that rutt. And she wants everything to be fair and work out to her advantage so when it doesn't, ITS NOT FAIR! She is also a planner and likes to be prepared. So before a big race, she wants to practice. Or before a softball game at school, she wants to practice. She also loves to be involved at school and be in the talent shows and the assemblies, etc.

 She really is a joy and I can't believe how fast she is growing up right before my very eyes. She loves the lime neon green and purple. She eats most food. She has a very great imagination. She loves to instagram. She loves music. She loves clothes. She loves soccer and dancing. She loves friends. She love fun! She loves trips. And she loves being a kid. She is also excited for 6th grade next year and I can't believe she is going into middle school!














1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

Time does sneak up on us fast! How fun to have such a great daughter that is also your great friend! She is beautiful! Happy Late birthday. Middle school is fun!!