Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Random Happenings in April

This was conference weekend. I love conference weekend....getting to be lazy, but getting good messages out of it.  Even though sometimes it is hard to hear with my little kids around! 




Corey and Reygan tried out for Greenvilles Got Talent again this year. They have made it the last 2 years and so they were hoping to make it again this year. They were 13 acts in 5th grade and they were only picking 3 from each grade. I saw the tryouts and was a little worried because there were a lot of good ones. She came home Friday, crying, because they didn't make it. She was more sad because they ended up picking 5 acts out of 5th grade. So that made her feel worse. I was not sure they would make Top 3, but she should've made Top 5. I was bummed for her too. I think because it was her last year, she really wanted to make it. But that is ok. They did great. And the reason I was so impressed was because they did all of this by themselves. They took their jazz ance and made it work for a duet. They got their music from their dance teacher. They were so grown up and did this all by themselves. I never even saw their dance when they practiced it. They did awesome. They danced to the song "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton. Corey kept saying that if they danced to a FROZEN song they would've made it because a lot of the the FROZEN acts made it. Her friend Shania and Alexa made it too. Alexa has made it every year, but this was the first year Shania has tried out and she made it.They both do solos. So that made her sad too! But I guess it is a Great Life Lesson  that they might not make everything they try out for.





This was another warm day outside....even warm enough that I was sitting outside basking in the sun! Can't wait for full blown spring or summer!












On Saturday, we just needed to get out of the house and so we headed down to the park to let the kids run around and play some soccer. 








This weekend was a good one for Matt and I. We got to go out for dinner and a movie on Friday night with Dan and Marsha and then Saturday night we got to go out with our boys and Alyson and Kyles family. (Corey was at a bday party.) 
It was so fun to get to see a movie I liked and not a cartoon. We saw Divergent. And we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings with the Thatchers too on Friday night. It was so nice to have good conversation without the kiddos around and to actually be able to eat a meal in peace!
Then Saturday night we ate with Kyle and Alyson. It was so good to see them again. They moved awhile ago and we don't get to see them very often. They were in town and so we headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. It was a little crazy with kids and the noise, but we still got to catch  up and chit chat. I really miss them. 
They had to go home that night, so we didn't get to hang out long, but it was still fun! 
We took so many pictures  just trying to get the right one. Matt and Kyle didn't care to be in the pictures!

Oh and that night, Casen had an accident in the Men's bathroom at Texas Roadhouse, right as we were leaving, and to say the least it was nasty. Cade was suppose to be guarding the mens' bathroom door fromt he outside,because I was in there helping Casen and he didn't do a very good job. I tried to walk out of the stall with Casen because we were done cleaning up and there were two men in the bathroom...one was peeing at the urinal and the other was washing his hands. I had to say sorry and duck back in the stall till they were done. REALLY CADE? It was a terrible mom experience that I am trying to erase from my memory! Nothing really embarrasses me anymore after having children!








No comments: