Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Easter Weekend in Logan w/ Aunt Em


Em came up for Easter weekend and it was just going to be our family because Winnan was out of town and everyone else was going to their in-laws for dinner!

But it was a nice weekend. Friday night was Cade's birthday. Then Saturday morning, Cade had a soccer game. Then that afternoon, Em and I took the kids up Logan Canyon, on a hike, to the wind caves. I had not done this hike since Matt and I were first married, so I couldn't remember what it was like. It was a great hike. It was about 2 miles up, 2 miles back!
The older three kids did fine. But I was so glad I had Em because Crew wanted to be carried the whole time and we did not have a backpack to carry him in. So we took turns carrying him. It was rough! Carrying 30 lbs up the mountain was a butt burner and carrying 30 lbs down the mountain was hard on the knees. He walked some, but I guess it was nap time and the trail was a little steep for his little legs. Once we got to the top, it was so pretty, but Crew was stressing me out. It is very slick up there with gravel and I was worried Crew would get running and fall off. But the cave was cool and it was a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. There were about 15 groups on the trail. We even met a cute group of boys that I was hoping to hook Em up with, but they were too young!


































Grubby Crew was making chocolate covered strawberries with Em and this was the pic we caught of him! EEWWW!



We also headed out to Wellsville Saturday afternoon to check on Grandpa Allan's house and to take Mya on a walk around the Wellsville Lake. It was a nice day!



Saturday night we finally watched FROZEN with EM. She wanted to see it! We could watch that movie 100 times. We love it!



Sunday morning, the kids slept in till about 8:30 and we let them do their Easter Egg Hunt. After they sorted their candy and ate some breakfast, me and Em were in the kitchen cooking for about 2 hours or so before church! We then went to Sacrament Meeting, came home and cooked a little more and then had dinner around 4:00. I can't believe we forgot pics. It was my first Easter cooking alone and I have no pics to prove it. Em really helped me alot too. We had ham, corn flake potatoes, a spinach salad, fruit, rolls and a jello pretzel salad. For dessert, Em made her Oreo balls and I made that oreo pudding dessert. So good. Super FULL! Norm came up and ate with us too! It was a nice and relaxing day! 
Afterwards me and Em took a nap, while Norm and Matt watched a movie. I sure was tired after all that cooking and baking and late nights with Em!












No comments: