Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Camping with Friends

We went camping up Immigration Canyon this past weekend and it was pretty fun. We went with some of Matt's friends from high school and their families. We went with Nate and Kristy and their family and Dan and Marsh and their kids. We always have alot of fun with them.

I love camping and we wanted to use our camper again before winter. Camping is so much work though for such a short period of time and it is a little difficult with young ones. But we made it thru and we had fun! We just went up on a Friday night and made fajitas for dinner and roasted smores around the fire. And the kids played while the adults tried to talk. Then we actually made it thru the night with everyone sleeping a little bit. Casen did not moan this time and we all figured out our sleeping arrangements better, but this time we were all a little cold and did not bring enough blankets. It seems like everytime we have something that we would do different. We are learning! We did have to get up and kind of leave early because Corey had a soccer game, but we still had fun and want to do it again soon! I did not get a ton of pics and of course I got none of me, but I was there and had a fun time too. And of course everyone kept teasing me about THE BEARS! I am terrified of Bears if you did not know that! That is why we traded in our pop up trailer for a more hard shelled exterior trailer, so I can protect my babies!



This pic of Matt is so funny! We were laughing cause he was shooting his gun and forgot ear plugs! So he made his own.
NERD ALERT!






2 comments:

Mandy said...

Don't watch animal planet then. I seen a show where the bears were ripping the doors right off of the car like it was nothing at all.

Thompson Family said...

I saw that show too, but wasn't there a McDonalds bag in the front seat with HOT FRENCH FRIES? I dont think bears mean any harm unless they are starving... and I think if people were in that car, on the animal planet show they would not have been as curious. You are suppose to be making me feel better, not worse!