Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Local Summer Fair

So every summer the fair creeps in to town and I kind of dread it. Last year we tried to go to the rodeo and my kids were terrible...would not sit still..... walking up and down the bleachers and I think Casen spilled a whole pop all over the bleachers. Anyways, we did not make it to the end of the rodeo last year  and I swore I would never go back until they were older. But my kids love the fair rides. So they always spot the fair when driving by or see the signs all over town and they beg us to go....

My idea of the fair and a good time is going and sitting on the grass, at night, letting the kids play and dance to the bands and eating a bunch of good fair food and walking around looking at the booths. The animals are even fun. I love to see the kids, especially Casen's age, react to the animals. But my kids are obsessed with the rides.

So this year, we did get to the fair and got a little something to eat....it was just our family. Toph and Brit ended up not coming into town, and Mandy did not feel like going, being prego and bringing two kids who hate strollers, and our neighbors ended up not coming too. So it was just us, but we did run into Dan and Marsh there and hung out with them, which was fun! But we listened to the band while daddy ate some dinner (we ate at home). And then we went over and looked at all the pigeons and bunnies and the sheep and piggies. Casen loved that part. Then afterwards we hung out on the rides and let the kids each ride about 6-7 rides. Corey and Cade loved the swings and Casen loved the train. It was his favorite. They love the fair.

 I don't love to go during the day beacuse it is too hot, but once the sun has gone down I don't mind it. But it is always crowded and I hate pushing a double wide stroller around and trying to find a place to breastfeed and waiting in those awful lines. But the kids love it every year and when it is over, Matt and I always complain that the rides are so expensive and we should have just gone to Lagoon!



No comments: