Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Few Fun Days Before School

We only had a couple more days before school started to do some fun things and of course one of my kids had to get sick...Casen was sick for almost a whole week, with a high fever and so we did not get to go out and do much.  Our pool dates were put on hold and we had to stay inside. It sucked. He ended up having that Hand Foot and Mouth virus and luckily no one else has gotten it. Keeping our fingers crossed!

So Tuesday Corey did  have a soccer game and we had a neighborhood activity at the REDNECK WATERSLIDE in Wellsville. It was fun! We had Matt's mom come  up and babysit Casen. You know how it gets as a mom or a parent when your kids are sick and you are just so ready for it to be over, get caught up on sleep, and get out of the freakin house. Well I was at that point. So grandma Nanny babysat for the soccer game and then Matt opted to not go to the nieghborhood party and stay home with Casen.

Corey did pretty good at her first soccer game of the season. They did win 4-3, but it was at 5:30 PM and it was so freakin hot that it felt like we were watching the game in slow motion. All the girls felt sick because it was so hot. So they could not wait to go and get wet on the waterslide. So we ate dinner and hurried over to Wellsville. We were a little bit late, but we got there in time to hang out for 1.5 hours or so....it was a 5 hour party. The kids had a blast on the slide. I even went on it twice. Last year I was pregnant with Crew and did not get to go on the slide, so this year I was pumped to go. It was kinda scary the first time and then it was fun. But it was so bumpy towards the end, that I have bruises on my legs and hips. I dont know how the kids go on it countless times and love it. I guess they do not weigh enough to get as far as the adults or the trains of adults go to make it hurt. Or maybe I am just a wuss. Then when it was dark, we went  home.

Then Wednesday, Casen was still sick, so Aunt Lynley offered to take my older kids swimming one last time before school started. They were excited about that and had fun! Can't believe summer is over and school is starting. It is kind of bittersweet. I am excited for them and a little break, but sad that summer is over! And what will Casen do with his siblings gone all day?

No comments: