Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Day At Home

So yes, Valentines Day was celebrated at home this year, because we did not want to take our brand new little baby out into the germ-filled city. (I know I sound Anal, but I get so worried about Crew getting sick right now.) So in the morning, I treated the kids to a Valentines stuffed animal and candy.....(I also gave them another present a few days ago, for being such good helpers and being such a good big sister and big brother to Crew and Casen. Corey and Cade have really helped me out, the past 2 weeks, when they are home from school.)

Anyway, we gave them their presents and then sent them off to school. The rest of the afternoon was spent making a nice dinner for our family. I know Matt's favorite part of the day is to come home to a nice dinner and the evening news. (Which does not happen every night, but I try.) So that is what I decided to do for him. We exchanged gifts and had a nice dinner of steak, potatoes, and salad and cherry cobbler desert. And that was about it. Not extremely exciting, but what can you do about that when you decide to spend it at home with your kids and you have a newborn cramping your style and a wife who just gave birth 2 weeks ago....putting a damper on things. But it was nice to spend the evening just enjoying each others company....Maybe next year, we will spice things up a bit!

(Cade looks so sad in these pics. We had just finished reading for school and we got into a bit of a fight about his attention span. I feel bad he looks so sad.)




































No comments: