Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crew's 1st Week Home

I can't believe Crew is already over a week old. It is crazy how time flies. He really has gone through alot....first of all Delivery, then the whole Nicu thing, then he had jaundice and we had to go to the dr every day for a foot heel prick, and he also was circumsized. All in a weeks time. Poor guy! I feel for him.



Anyway, we are really enjoying him. At his week visit we were thrilled. He had already gained his weight back and more. He was born 7 lbs. 7 oz. and at a week he already weighed in at 7 lbs. 10 oz. We are finally getting a little sleep at night, trying to keep him more awake during the day. I still am up every few hours to change him and feed him, but a few hours of sleep in between is awesome. We sure do love him.



Now we just need to keep him from getting sick. We are trying to keep our other kids healthy and sanitized, so we do not bring home any sicknesses from school. I forgot how stressful it is to have a baby in the winter, when RSV is so rampant. And now this whole whopping cough scare is freaking me out. Crew cannot be immunized for whopping cough until he is 2 months old. Looks like we are going to hibernate as much as possible. Newborns are the best, but also a little scary in trying to keep them healthy!


























































































2 comments:

Toph and Brittany said...

He is soo cute! I am so sad I haven't seen him yet. I LOVE his hair. We will have to come up soon! Also I am glad he is sleeping pretty good, that makes all of the difference!

The Olsen Family said...

Well congrats on the new baby boy! He is so adorable. I love all the hair. Wow it sounds like you guys went through alot! We had a similar NICU situation with our 3rd child. It is scary & hard not to worry.