Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Crew - 2 Weeks Old


We have actually made it past week 2 with Crew and we are finally getting use to our schedule with Crew in it. I am catching up on sleep and we have had awesome friends and family who are helping out with carpools and meals. It has been so nice just to have a family bring in a meal. I think that is the hardest thing for a mom to do, after having a baby....is keeping her family fed.

Crew is doing awesome. He is sleeping alot better at night and he is such a good baby. He still does sleep alot through the day too. And the kids are really good with him. We do have to keep reminding them, that a little newborn is in the family room and not to trip over him or rough house around him. And I am recovering too. Matt has also stepped up alot and helped with the kids too...he helps run some of my errands, so I do not have to take Crew out.

I did take Crew to his 1 week appt. and he had already surpassed his birthweight. He was born at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and at his one week appt he was already 7 lbs. 10 oz. I just took him in for his 2 week appt and he was already 8 lbs. 9 oz. So I think I might be feeding him too much. But I would rather have him gaining, then not gaining, like Casen. So at Crew's 2 week apt., he was
45 % in weight for his age and 70 % in height. He was born at 19 1/2 inches and at his 2 week he was already 20 3/4 inches. I cannot believe how fast they grow. Maybe if I sleep more, I will grow a little taller.

We are enjoying him and loving him. We have tried to be really careful to keep the kids hands germ-free and keep our family healthy. I can't wait till spring. I forgot how crappy it is to have a newborn baby in the middle of winter. So I might need to apologize now to friends and family. We are going to hibernate for the next 2 months, until spring is here.




















































































































1 comment:

Toph and Brittany said...

I can't wait to see Crew this weekend! it looks like your are getting some good use out of the nap nanny.