Monday, September 10, 2012

Labor Day Weekend



Labor Day Weekend was alot of fun! I actually went to Park City to Swiss Days with about 15 girls in my neighborhood. It was alot of fun. We went Thursday Morning thru Saturday night! We ate good food, we had great conversations, we laughed alot, and we shopped ALOT. I usually never get shopped out, but I actually did. On the third day, I was so shopped out, that I took a book to the outlets and just read for an hour or so, while the other girls finished shopping. I love girl trips. They always bring out the best adult conversation. I also got to eat at the MELTING POT for the first time. Super good and such a great social setting. The meal takes like 2-3 hours, so it was super enjoyable.

While I was gone, Matt actually took all four of my kids camping by himself. He met about 5 or 6 other families up Strawberry Canyon Friday night to Saturday. They were going to go and pick Huckleberries. I guess the huckleberries this year did not grow or there were very few. They could not find any. The kids were all pretty bummed! But Matt took the kids up and camped. I was so impressed. He even took the pain in the butt CREW! He said it all went pretty well. Crew was a pain in the butt by the fire. But he slept well. So that was good. But I did feel bad, cause when he got home from camping on Saturday, the power was out and he got locked out of our house for 3 hours. He had a garage door opener but no house key. (I am hoping I can get a few pics from some of the other families that might have my kids in some of their pics.)

Then of course, Monday, we went over to Wellsville and watched the parade and went to my Grandpa Allans labor day party! It is always a great celebration. The kids love the parade and get lots of taffy! Then we always go and watch the Sham Battle and then have lunch at grandpas. This year alot of my uncles and aunts and cousins were there from San Diego, so that made it alot of fun! The kids ended up in a water fight with some of my boy cousins and grandpa. It was fun to see everyone and get caught up! (I a m not very good at taking pics, so I did not get very many. Where is my mom when I need her?)














A few pics of our weekend in SLC and Park City......Melting Pot in SLC


Can you tell who's bday it is? We are mean friends! HA HA HA!


No comments: