Monday, September 10, 2012

Much Needed Matt & Jen Getaway

 Pool time at the Luxor



Matt and I had a much needed get away this last weekend. We always go on trips with other people, so we decided to go alone this time and it was so nice. We actually never ran out of things to say and it was so relaxing! There was a Carpet Cleaning Convention/Trade Show in Las Vegas, so I agreed to go, if we only had to go to the trade show for a few hours.

So we left Thursday and drove all the way to Vegas. We stayed in the Luxor again. Such a great deal! We got there later Thursday night. But we still got all checked in and dressed and went out on the town for a few hours.We went and checked out the new trio of hotels...the Aria, the Cosmopolitan, and the Vdara. They were super pretty!

Then Friday we went to the Convention, ate some breakfast, laid by the pool, ate at the WYNN's Buffet (Which Matt was in love with), and then just walked around a few more hotels.....Treasure Island, the Wynn, oh and of course we watched the TI Pirate Ship Show!

Saturday, we ate the best Crepe breakfast ever. Then we had to check out. So we decided to save Saturday for our shopping day. We went over to our favorite outlets on the north end of town. We shopped for a few hours and then we headed to St. George to stay at Nan and Norms house. It was so relaxing. We got to St. George at a decent time. So we went shopping again at the outlets, ate some dinner, and then just vegged the rest of the night. It was the first time I have ever been to St. George without my kids. It was nice! I was just wishing we could have stayed another day and had our bikes.

I loved our trip. We really needed it. We talked alot and grew closer, just being the two of us. I think we need to do little getaways like this, just the two of us, more often. The ride in the car was even nice because it was so relaxing. I got to nap and read and talk with Matt. These trips really help me to come back and be a better mom.

Poor Becca, my sister....she had my kids all weekend and Casen had diarrhea all weekend. I felt bad that she had to deal with that all weekend, but I guess at least he wasn't fevering or throwing up, but she is a real trooper. Love ya Becs! Thanks so much. I will repay you the favor when you an JR have kiddos. 



Pretty Wynn Gardens.

Wynn Fountain Outside!




We stopped at the Pawn Shop on the way out of Vegas. Matt wanted to see it. It was on a Saturday, so of course the MAIN GUYS were not working. But it was still cool to see!

No comments: