Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Fun-Filled BUSY Weekend

  
We had a pretty busy, but fun weekend. First of all, I rode in my first bike race. Well it wasn't really a race, but a tour. It was called the Cache Valley Century. I rode it with my friends Alyson and her husband Kyle. We signed up for the 60 miles and we finished. It was actually 63 miles! I got a road bike about 2 months ago and started riding. I really loved it. I started training with Alyson about 2 weeks ago. She decided to get serious about it and so we went on a few rides together. One of the them was about 35 miles and it was hard. So I was worried about the 60 miles. But we just slowed up our pace a little, and I made it the whole way. I think I could have done the 100. I would have been a lot more tired and sore, but I honestly think a lot of it is mental. But we averaged a 17.2 mph speed and we rode it in 3 hours and 38 minutes. So not bad, for my first race. It feels good to say I have done that! Now I just need to get in shape for a 100 miler in the spring. But living in snowy conditions kinda makes that hard. So I guess I might have to sign up for a spin class.
I loved it. We stopped at a few rest stops to get some food and drinks and rest a few minutes. And we drafted a little too. I don't love drafting cause it is hard to stay close to someones tire. You have to really concentrate and I like to look around at the scenery and take it all in. So I am not a hard core biker. All the hard core bikers and their trains passed us in the beginning. That is what I was nervous about was getting in other peoples way. But it was so relaxed and such a fun environment to be in....in an environment where everyone loves biking and everyone is so supportive! Now I just need to get Matt to do it with me. He loves mt biking, but I think it would be a fun thing to do together! (I don't know though.Guys are always faster and then I would feel pressured to keep up. Or try to keep up.)
Anyway, Becca and JR were in town, so they came with Matt and the kids to the finish line to cheer me on and show support. It was nice that they came. It made me feel good that they cared! So cute!




That night, we took the kids to the Brigham City Temple Open House with Becca and JR. It was really pretty and I was glad the kids got to experience that...especially the older ones. They all thought the baptismal font was the coolest. Crew and Cade thought it was a hot tub and Crew yelled out WHOA when it was really quiet. So funny!












Sunday after church and dinner, Becca wanted to go and practice soccer for her upcoming rec co-ed league she is playing in and Corey wanted practice too. So we went down to the elementary school and played some 3 on 3 and shot the ball around for an hour or so. It was fun! Then of course the kids wanted pics of them acting like monkeys.







The cute little newlyweds. They are still glowing!





And of course Matt has to turn every pic we take into a sexual pic. SO MATT! He looks creepy in this pic!


1 comment:

Dan and Marsha said...

oh that is so funny! that is why i love you guys! hey i want to ride bikes too!! so fun good job jen you're awesome!