Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Weekend Filled with Exercise......EXHAUSTED!


We sure had a great weekend filled with tons of exercise. My two older kids decided to run a 5K for a charity event. There was a boy in our ward doing it for his eagle scout project, so we decided to donate and participate. He was raising money for a fund that helps kids with hearing problems get hearing aids. Corey or Cade had never run this far before. I knew Corey could do it. I was a little worried about Cade, but I knew that I did not want to run super fast because I had a bike race in the morning...70 miles. So I was kind of glad Cade was there to slow us down, so I did not push myself too hard and be warn out for the bike race. Remember here people, I AM NOT REALLY A RUNNER!

It was super fun too because it was at night...9 PM and it was glow in the dark. So we had to bring some fun glow in the dark stuff. Alot of people went all out and got crazy lit up. Super fun! Corey was really fast and wanted to go ahead of us, but I worried she would get lost or kidnapped or something so I made her stay with us. Cade wanted to walk alot cause he had a side ache and I had to keep egging him on. We did get a time of 38 minutes which was not too bad.... Corey probably could've got 30 minutes or so, but we slowed her down. It was a fun experience. Cade said he never wants to do it again. Corey wants to try a 10k now or a 5k but faster!





Our cool glow in the dark t-shirts that came in our packets....




I slept like a baby Friday night after our 5K race and Saturday morning I woke up and was ready for a 70 mile bike race.....my longest bike ride to date. I was riding with my neighbors again...Kyle and Alyson. And they brought their family along too.... Dave and Nikki. It was fun! We were a little late getting started because Alysons babysitter was late, but we headed out thru Wellsville and Hyrum and finished thru Mendon and Wellsville.  It was so freakin cold......like 45 degrees when we started. And we were dressed for the occasion. It took a good 10 minutes to warm up.The weather was perfect later on. The first of the race was a little slow....waiting for Alysons sister in law Nikki. But it was still fun! Nikki only did the 40. The rest of us did the 70 miles. After Nikki left to finish the 40, then they were all waiting for me. Then I was the slowest. I was struggling a little to keep up. Once we started drafting and I could hide behind Dave, we got booking. He made a good wind-blocker. We did it in about 4.5 riding time hours and 5.5 hours all together. And I think  we kept a pace of almost 16 mph.

This ride was a little more difficult for me this time, than our last race in August (63 miles). I think the 5k the night before effected me a little bit. Then I forgot to take IB profin 800 before the race that morning. The Trenton hill we had to climb really tired my legs out and I also started my  monthly lady friend half way through the race. So that last 15 miles was a real killer. I was so excited to be done!

My legs were super achy all weekend too, after the race. My muscles were not really sore, just fatigued and achy. IB Profin was my friend all weekend. I love biking. It is so much fun...especially going with people you know and people that are good friends and want you to do well too and they wait for you too.... I love it. I want to do 100 miles next summer. Don't know how I will do it, but I want to.


1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

Sounds like a fun 5K to do. Let me know if you are doing one again and Addison and I will join you.