Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Finally a Warm EASTER

We were in Logan for Easter this year, which I guess we usually are. But Winnan is still injured from her fall, so we were trying to figure out what to do for Easter, this year. Well Matt's sister decided to have her baby Tyke blessed that day and a luncheon, so it actually worked out perfect and we ended up just counting that as our Easter Dinner. And all the family was there, except for Lynley and Chads' family who were down in St. George. It was fun to visit with everyone and watch the kids do their little Easter Egg Hunt. I think we gave the little ones too big of a head start. They were way faster than we thought they would be.  It was a long day with Crew because he is so BUSY that he is hard to watch and keep track of, but other than that, it was NICE!

We decorated Eggs earlier in the week and the kids had a contest...I was the Judge, who's eggs landed in the HALL OF FAME EASTER BASKET! They made little monsters this year. They turned out pretty cute!





We actually got lucky too because Mandys church started at 11:00 instead of 9:00 like ours. So earlier in the week, I had my kids give Matt and I the EASTER lesson, since we would be missing it that day in  church. They did a pretty good job. I wanted them to be thinking of it on Easter. Then Easter morning we had a little more time to do our Easter Egg Hunt and get ready! It was funny to watch Crew. He was not into the eggs, just the plastic wrappers with candy in them,  laying all over the floor upstairs. I had to remind Casen how to hunt for eggs. But Corey and Cade were naturals....always competing with each other. The Easter bunny even left some dollars and quarters in their eggs this year, instead of so much candy. And the EB also left a cute little toy for each of the kids. Corey was the most excited about hers. She got tickets for me and her to go to the BIG TIME RUSH CONCERT, in Provo in July. She was so excited. I guess her cousins got the same thing from the Easter Bunny too! So they were all so excited!





(Finally a new haircut! So needed!)





OK REALLY? Worst Easter Pics ever. The sun was so bright,(which I am not complaining), that I could not get my kids to take any decent pics, especially Casen. And they just wanted to play...NO PICS MOM! I was just loving their Easter outfits I found, that I wanted at least a few pics of them!




We had Cade take our pic, well I guess I forgot that he is shorter than us and this angle is just not flattering, but I was over it because Matt was over it! Turned out OK! Holiday pics are always a joke in our family. Almost impossible!






Of course, I didn't get as many pics as I would have liked, but Regan gave a very special and nice blessing and Tyke looked so cute!

2 comments:

Dan and Marsha said...

so fun jen you make me laugh!! cute easter outfits, where do you like to find the boys shirts and ties?

Thompson Family said...

I got Casen's & Cade's shirts at Gymboree online and Crew's at Old Navy. I don't remember where I got their ties...online somewhere 2-3 years ago for my sisters wedding.