Saturday, September 17, 2011

Funeral of a Loved One

While my mom was here visiting her Aunt Geanne died. It was sad, but she went peacefully and she was ready to go. It actually ended up being good timing for my mom while she was up here.

But we went to the viewing Tuesday night and then the funeral/dinner on Wednesday. My older two kids were in school, so I took my younger kids with me and thankfully I had my sister Becca to help me. My kids were pretty well behaved, but sitting through a funeral with a 2 year old and an 8 month old is rough. But it was a beautiful funeral. They said some really special things about her...that she is in heaven dancing with her husband Gene and her sisters Bonnie (my grandma) and Joey. They also talked about what a beautiful love her and her husband had for each other and the reason that they made it work for so many years, was because they put each other first. And I realize that I need to do that more with Matt. With 4 kids and 2 of them being so young, it does get hard to put my husband first sometimes. The little ones are so needy. And they also talked about how their family had FHE faithfully every Monday. Our family has it almost every Monday, but I always feel like it is so rushed and last minute.

So leaving that funeral, I took a few things from it. I want to live more like the people of older times...slow our lives down and live the important things better. We get too busy in our lives, that we forget to do the little things better. We all loved Grandma Geanne and she will be missed, but she is in a better place with her loved ones.






No comments: