Sunday, May 22, 2011

Corey's Weekend

This weekend was kind of a COREY WEEKEND. On Friday, me and my boys went and watched a 30 minute singing production that Corey and the 2nd graders put on for the parents. Of course we did not get their early enough, so I was in the back trying to take pics and video and manage a 4 month old, a 2 year old, and a 6 year old. So I did my best. And Corey was on the front row so I could not see her that good. But  they did great and towards the end it did make me tear up because I cannot believe my little girl is going to be in 3rd grade next year. It is so sad how fast they grow up. She was so nervous the night before and could not fall asleep. She had a special part, along with 15 other kids that she was anxious about. She did great!




Then on Saturday, it was my birthday, but we spent the whole day with the family doing Corey Stuff. She had a 9 AM soccer game. So much for sleeping in. No...there is one thing I love to get up for and that is soccer. I love watching soccer and Corey does really well. So it is fun to watch her. This was her last game, so they took some fun team pics. Afterwards, we decided to go to breakfast for my bday. I did not feel like doing the IHOP thing, so we did McDonalds instead. They have the greatest breakfast! The kids did pretty good. Then we went home and got some chores done and relaxed a little bit, till it was time to go to Corey's dance recital. I also got a few cute presents from my hubby and my kids.

Cheese Head
Drill Seargent- Takes little kid soccer way too serious- Just gets excited and over anxious for them to do well.




Then we went to Corey's dance recital, which was an all night thing, so we did not have time to do birthday stuff for me. We had to be there at 4:45. The performance started at 6:00 PM. Matt brought the other boys and Grandma Nanny met us there too. They stayed for the first half and then Matt took Casen, the 2 year old home. It was a great performance and so fun to watch her dance and how she has improved, but it was 3 hours long. WOW... is all I can say. 3 hours with a 6 year old boy saying "How much longer?" and a newborn wanting to go to bed. So afterwards, we found Corey and her cousins and said our good-byes and Corey cried all the way to the car because I did not buy her flowers. Long story short.....I told her I was not buying her flowers this year, so I bought her a stuffed animal instead and some flip flops. Well her cousins got flowers and so she turned into a drama queen. I cried to myself all the way home in the car because she made me feel like a crappy mom. Sometimes I feel like I try so hard to do everything and it is never good enough. We made up later and she apologized.  So it was a great night. But I still want to celebrate my bday another night with just Matt and I.






No comments: