Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Corey's Birthday Party



















I let Corey have a little birthday party and invite 5-6 friends from school and dance. We decided to let the kids start out at the Sports Academy Gymnastics High Point having some fun. They had so much fun. They had a coach there letting them have free time and then playing a few fun games with them. They got to do a zipline, this swing, and different trampoline games. They had fun! I was a little nervous because the coach was not a nervous type of guy, but I was....especially with other peoples' kids. So I don't know that I will do that again for a birthday, but the kids loved it. Then we came back to the house for presents, cupcakes and ice cream, and a few games until their parents came. I don't love to give girls alot of free time at a get-together because someone always ends up pouting or fighting over something silly. So it turned out fun. But afterwards I told Matt that birthday parties are alot of work...alot of planning, set-up and clean-up. So I think I like the rule of doing a friend party every other year. I think we might start implementing that. Still can't believe she is 8. Spring is a busy time for us. Cade and Corey's birthdays, Easter, my birthday coming up, and our anniversary. Along with soccer, dance, end of school celebrations and performances, etc. So 2 big things down, and 1 to go....Corey's baptism. YEAH! She is so excited. Alot of her friends have already been baptized and she has got to go to most of them, so I know she is anxious.

No comments: