Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Little Chunk

I need to take some more pics of my little chunk. I took him in Wednesday for his 8 week appt and he is a chunk. I am so proud. He was 12 lbs. 10.5 oz. which was 75 %. And his height was 23 1/2 inches, which was 75 % too. I was so excited. He is going to be a chunk like Cade was. Cade's nickname, given to him by his Grandpa Norm was "Lunch," when he was a baby. And I think Crew will be given the nickname "Lunch #2." I think that Crew and Cade have my genes and Corey and Casen are all Thompson, because they were both very petite and did not gain weight very good. It was funny too because when they were weighing him, at the Dr.'s he peed all over the scale and the wall and then when I took him back in the room to change him and put a diaper on him, he peed again all over the bed. I had to use his blanket to stop the pee. Anyway, he also got some shots too at his appt. because I do get very worried about meningitis and the Whopping Cough. I normally do not give them that many shots at once, but he is chubby and healthy, so I went ahead and did it. He has been a little cranky since then, but not bad. He sure was pissed though and sad when they gave him the shot. I felt bad for him. I can't believe he is already 8 weeks. He is still a great baby and pretty easy and I am adjusting to 4 kids. Ya know, I don't really know that you ever adjust. It is always hard. I have my good days and my hard days. Taking 4 kids to the ortho today was hard, but afterwards we got to go to the park and watch Cade's soccer practice because it was a warm day and that was the good part of my day.....hard getting 4 kids in and out of the car, but the park was what they needed and the warmer weather was what I needed. Crew was funny too....it was like his first time out of his carseat, outside, in the sun , and I think he loved it. And I got thinking that I do not know that I could handle 5 kids, at least not anytime soon. It would be very hard. I think to myself that 4 kids under the age of 8 is tough, but there are moms out there who are doing 4 kids under the age of 4 and I think they must go nuts. I need the help[ of my older 2 or I could not do it. In fact, if I have to go to the store before Matt gets home, I have to wait and take Cade because I have Casen and Crew in the cart and no room for groceries, so Cade is my cart pusher. I make him feel so proud that I could never do it without him. He is my little helper. Love my kids!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm glad he is gaining weight so good. He is so freakin' cute!!! I don't know how you do it with 4 kids and your house is always spotless.