Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Break in Logan with Kids

We actually spent Spring Break in Logan this year.....traveling with 4 kids, and one of them being a 9 week old, did not sound fun to me and Matt did not want us to go alone either. So we decided to stay in Logan and make the best of it. It was actually alot of fun, except for the crappy weather and Casen getting sick. The first weekend of spring break, before our WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD headed south to St. George, we had the Thompson cousins over, Reygan and Ryley, for a sleepover. They kids had a fun Friday night and Saturday....going in the hot tub, watching movies in the theatre room, and just playing in the basement. Then my sister and her 4 kids, came up from California and stayed for about 2 days, from Tuesday night to Thursday afternoon. My kids kept asking me for 2 days before they got here, a million times, HOW MANY MORE HOURS TILL THEY GET HERE? They don't get to see each other that much anymore, since their family moved to CA. They played great for 2 days and my sister Steph and I got to visit. The weather was cold, so the kids could not play outside much, but they still played really good in the basement. They also watched movies in the theatre room and went in the hot tub. My sister and I just wanted to visit and relax and did not attempt to take the kids anywhere. 8 kids is alot of work...trying to keep track of them somewhere, so we just vegged and got caught up. It was hard to see my sister go. Since we are so busy with our kids and our lives, we do not get to talk to each other on the phone as much as we would like to. It was fun to see our kids play together so well and I was glad that they all got to meet Crew. Steph was really helpful with Crew too. Then Thursday, I was a BEAR. I found out that morning that my mom was not going to be able to come up with my dad to visit and I was cleaning all day, trying to get ready for our second set of relatives coming to visit. I was very cranky all day. So about my mom...she was hospitalized Saturday night, with heart palpatations and MAJOR hot flashes. She thought she was having a heart attack or stroke or panic attack or something. So after several days in the hospital and many tests later, they are working on her blood pressure and her potassium levels. So she was really weak and nervous to leave home and her doctor advised her not to. So when my dad called that morning and told me she was not coming, I was heart broken. I think I cried on and off all day. Everything kept setting me off and everytime I sat down to feed Crew, I would start to cry. He is so cute and I was so sad that my mom was not going to get to see him. My dad did tell me he was still coming and so that helped. But I hate not having my parents close by to see my babies grow up. I seriously felt like a little kid that day who had had XMas taken away from them. That is how sad I was. I think my prego hormones are still lingering because I was a mess all day. So my dad and my sister Em did come up Thursday night at 1:30 in the morning (I guess early Friday morning). And I was so excited. So while they were here, it seriously snowed for 3 days straight and did not ever let up. That was really making me depressed. I am so ready to get outside and for soccer season to start and to get away from winter. So we ended up staying inside alot and the snow did ruin some of our plans. Friday we ran a few errands...one of them being Hobby Lobby to get crafts. My kids love doing crafts with Aunt Emmy. And we talked my dad into going because he wanted to get a pic of Hobby Lobby for my mom...her favorite store. We always tease her about it. We ran around to a few other stores Em and I wanted to go to. Then that night, we ordered Mexican take-out, and my Aunt Marsha and Uncle Jack came over to see my dad and baby Crew. So we had a good visit with them, until Casen got a fever and started throwing up everywhere. That kind of put a damper on the weekend for me....taking care of a fevering baby and cleaning up throw up is terrible. But at least I had help from Em and my dad to hold Crew while I took care of Casen. (He was sick till Sunday afternoon). Sucked. Then Saturday and Sunday, we watched movies, sat around and talked and ate, went in the hot tub again, and just enjoyed the baby. Em and dad got to hold him alot. I can tell Em is ready for a baby. It was sweet to see her holding him alot and helping me with him alot. The kids did some crafts with Em and played games with EM. She also made us a sweet ice cream treat Saturday night. And Em and I watched Burlesque too. I also watched it with Steph while she was here. LOVE that movie. Oh and I helped the kids make a BLOG of their own....I can't tell if this was a good idea yet...because so far they are needing alot of my help and it is time I don't really have. So it was hard to see dad and Em go today, but it was so good to have them here. And now I have to wait until June to see them again (Corey's baptism and Crew's blessing). I did want to mention one thing too that I always notice when my dad is around and that I admire and love about him. He is such a great person. He always notices when something is needed. While he was here, he offered to hold Crew while I had to deal with another child or make dinner, etc. And he also is so helpful with cleaning up after meals...always offering to help with dishes and clean-up. I don't know if his mother taught him well or if it is MY MOM, his wife who taught him well. But I love that about him. I already miss him. Hope the kids had a fun spring break. But I am ready for them to go back to school. I stayed up way too late this last week and need to get caught up on some sleep and clean my house. And I really wish the snow would melt and spring would get here. I am so over this cold weather! Thompson Cousins


Thurston Cousins





Crew- 9 weeks, almost 10 weeks





















My sick little boy Casen



Sore booty from pooping so much..




Feeling better...




Movie Time...






1 comment:

Mandy said...

I want to see their blog. Is it private? Send me an invite if it is.