Monday, September 20, 2010

IT'S A BOY!




I was really anxious all week for this 20th week ultrasound. Nervous because as parents you always hope that the baby is healthy and has all its organs in tact and working right. I was also nervous for the gender, only because Matt and I are pretty certain this is our last baby, so if it was to be a boy, I would be sad for Corey's sake and sad that I do not get to dress a little girl again. I guess I just always thought I would have another girl. So this morning, I was really on edge and just ready to get this over with. So we sent the kids off to school and Casen to Lynleys house and headed to the dr's office. I even got a little emotional in the car, as I said a little prayer to myself that everything would check out OK. I was not ready to handle the news of anything being wrong.
So the ultrasound went great...the baby's heart and brain and all its major parts looked great. And his weight was measuring only 12 oz.....the size of a pop can. Funny, huh? He got some pretty cute pics of the babys' face...he would not move his hand away from his face. He looks alot like my other babies in the womb pics. The due date is pretty close to the date the ultrasound tec gave also.....Feb. 7th. So I looked over at Matt and could tell he was relieved that the baby was healthy too. He usually does not have a preference to gender...he already got his boy. He just wants the baby to be healthy. I was sad for a little bit....just because I was thinking of Corey and how she would handle it. I got over the "no more girls" thing fast, but I just kept thinking of Corey. I had a really good hunch that it was a boy this whole time, so I was not surprised. And I asked the technician how accurate he was. And he joked that "unless that thing falls off before he is born, it is 100% a boy." The ultrasound pic displays the BOY PART quite nicely.
So I texted and called all my family and friends and let them know the news. I walked to get Cade at the bus stop at 12:30 and told him. He was not surprised either, but wondered what Corey would do too. So I waited around till 4:00 when Corey gets home and tried to ease into it with her..."Do you remember what mommy had to do this morning?" She immediately asked me "What is it?" And when I told her it was another boy, she actually handled it really well. I could see the disapointment in her eyes for about 2 minutes, and then as we got talking...I told her we were wishing Casen was a little girl too and look how much we love him and how fun he is.... And I told her that her friend Shaina has all brothers and she is doing just fine. And I tried to tell her she would get to do alot of girls trips and shopping trips and be kinda spoiled being the only girl. So I was totally surprised at how well she handled it. And it took such a burden off my shoulders with how well she handled it.
And now I am excited and my head is spinning about what I have to do before the baby gets here and how I want to decorate the room different. And who is going to sleep where and the babys' new bedding. And where I am going to put his clothes...running out of closet space, etc.....All of that. So we are excited and now we have a whole 20 more weeks to get through. UUGGHH!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Who are you kidding. You guys are so not done! But if your body can't handle anymore, you can always go international with us. We could get a boy and you guys can get a girl. Perfect!!! I'm excited for another boy. We need to balance out the Thompson family a little. Congrats!!!!!

Toph and Brittany said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. It will be fun having boys together!