Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fun Weekend at Cherry Hill



Had alot of fun this weekend with family and friends at Cherry Hill Campground in Kaysville, Utah. Ok so first of all, some people might not call this camping, but this is my kind of camping....fun for kids, grass. not all dirt, bathroom close by, paved roads for bikes, showers, etc. The only bummer part is you cannot build a fire, which stinks cause a fire really makes camping....well Camping! But I love Cherry Hill and so do the kids. I know this is lame to admit, but I can actually fall asleep peacefully and not be thinking of wild life coming and attacking me and my family.
We went with our family, Toph and Brit, Mandy and Skye, Dan and Marsh, Ammon and Alison, Nate and Kristy met us Saturday for the day, and then my sister Becca and JR met us Saturday night. The first night, Friday...we got there around 6 or so, set up camp, cooked up some MEAN Fajitas and Quesadillas on our little burner and just waited for everyone to arrive. We let the kids play and explore a little and then we could not settle down to rest until Matt got a piece of his famous PIE. He is not really even into pie, but the PIE PANTRY there is known for its pie and he wanted to try and piece. So we walked over and got some ice cream for the kids and pie for us. It was really good! Casen was so cute too. He was loving all of it....the trailer, the campground, everything. It was so fun to watch him experience something new to him. Casen did not sleep great that night either. I would love to be able to sleep by Matt, but of course the little tykes come first and I had to sleep with Casen...he kinda tossed and turned all night. It was a little chilly that night too, but we did learn how to use our little heater in the trailer and it worked awesome. (Prego (me) even got a little too hot.)
Saturday, we woke up around 8 Am, Cooked some eggs and sausage and then we vegged around camp till about noon. Then we took the kids swimming all day at the water park. They loved it. I think the Dragon Slides were the favorite of my kids. Casen was loving the water too. He loves jumping in to the pool and is not afraid to go under the water. And Cade was so brave....going on all the rides by himself....Corey eventually warmed up throughout the day and was going on everything by herself too. I was so happy to see them growing up and getting brave in their OLD AGE. We even had Nate and Kristy and their kids join us at the pool that day. I think all the kids and adults had fun! After we had all had enough sun, we went back and showered and decided to go out to dinner instead of cooking our own. We all met at Applebees in Layton....(the perks of camping so close to town). Food was good, kids were a little grumpy and hard to handle, but we made it through. Becca and JR met us for dinner too. My kids were happy to see them too. Then we went back and went minature golfing at the camp. The kids loved that too, except I had to stay clear of my kids for half the time because Corey gets competitive and they were driving me crazy. I thought I would let Matt handle it. And Casen was serioulsy loving it too, with the two golf balls he took and his mini putter he got to use. I wish I had some pics of golfing. It was at night and I did not think the pics would turn out.
That night, all the kids were exhausted and fell right to sleep. Casen fell asleep in the stroller...Corey on dads lap, and Cade watching a movie in the trailer. Easy night for me. That night the adults just sat around and talked and then a few of us played a short game. I think the adults were all warn out too and ready for bed!
Then Sunday, we kind of just woke up, ate breakfast from McDonalds, packed up, and headed home. I love Cherry Hill and really want to make it a tradition every year. This year was nice too cause it was the last weekend the water park was open, so it was not crowded at all. It made it alot easier to let the little ones run around and ride bikes and not have to worry about them getting hit by a car. The water park was not crowded either, which made it nice too. I think we survived camping with the kids and might try to squeeze one more weekend of camping in before it gets too cold.







































































2 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

It was fun! Thanks! I recognize one of those photos on your post. Those guys had fun! Back to school and busy life now!

Thompson Family said...

Yeah I stole one of your pics of all the guys on the slide. Best pic of all of them hooked together. Funny stuff! Yeah it was fun! we need to make it a tradition every Sept.