Monday, August 31, 2009

Camping with Friends


So this last weekend we went camping with 4 other families and it was so fun! We just went for 1 night, Friday to Saturday and we went up Logan Canyon, up by Fanklin Basin. It was pretty crowded up Logan Canyon and it took us awhile to find a spot. Once we did, the kids just wandered and explored and got dirty around camp, while all the adults set up camp and started dinner. It was dark by the time we ate, but it was good!
I noticed our kids had more fun this time around because the campsite was much bigger and there were so many kids around. There were 16 kids there. Crazy, huh? Plus this trip was a much better experience. No rain and we slept alot better. The only bad thing that happened was , I thought I could trust Cade to watch baby Casen on the bed while I fixed something on the camper, but all of a sudden I heard a thud and Cade was no where to be found and the baby fell on the floor of the camper. Luckily the floor is linoleum and not hard, but we were a little worried. I know you are not suppose to let babies sleep after they hit their head, so we were trying to keep him awake, but it was also bedtime and he had not had an afternoon nap, so I knew he was tired! Matt was freakin, like he always does, when his cubs/kids are involved. I just learn to ignore him and go off my "mommy instinct." I got Casen to wake up and stay awake for awhile. He never was throwing up or anything, so I just thought he would be OK. What was funny, well not funny, but coincidence, was one of the other families has twin babies that are about 1 year old and one of them also fell off the bed. So I was not the only "bad mom" as Matt would say!
No, we had a good time. We ate dinner and popsicles and smores for dessert. Then we put the kids to bed and the adults sat around and talked around the campfire, of course Matt telling all od his graphic poo stories and other stories. We also had a 13 year old hanging out with us, so I had to keep giving Matt the look to "keep it cleaner." I hope his mom wasn't too stressed. I am sure by the end of the night, all the wives thought differently of Matt and were grossed out by all his stories!
In the morning we had breakfast, sat around the campfire and relaxed, the kids rode their bikes and played by the river, and we tried to ride the kids 4-wheelers, until some LAME lady park ranger drives up and says, "They are not registered, the kids have to be 8 years old to ride, and the helmets are not up to standard." So that ended our kids fun on their 4-wheelers.
We packed up around noon or so and said our good-byes. It was way fun and a much better experience than our last. We all slept pretty good! And I swear I was there. I am always taking pics of others and not myself. I forgot to have someone take some pics of me. And my pics of the kids are not the greatest either. I was bummed that my pics did not turn out the greatest!





















































































































No comments: