Friday, August 21, 2009

Corey's First Day of 1st Grade

I cannot believe my little girl is in 1st grade. She started yesterday and she was so brave! She really was excited! She had the excited butterflies, she told me.

We really had no idea when the bus got there, so we drove over to the bus stop, we thought a few minutes early, but when we got there, the bus was already there and she was so BRAVE. She hopped right out of the car and right on the bus, and her little twin cousins were not even at the bus stop. She usually doesn't do anything without them .I was so proud of her!

Then she stayed all day because she has a full day now. She is not in a class with her cousins, but she does have one friend in her class. And she gets to see her cousins at recess and lunchtime. So she is happy!

When I did pick her up from the bus stop, she did trip, OF COURSE, on her first day. She is a bit clumsy. And she got scratched up elbow and stomach! But she was fine, just a little traumatic. But she told me all about school and how much she loved it and how she loves her teacher. And she said the say did not seem long at all. It went by fast for her. So I am excited for her that she is loving it, but I am sad because she is gone all day. She was my little babysitter when I needed help with Casen.

So Cade does not start for 2 more weeks and everyday, he asks me 20 times a day, if it is time to go and pick-up Corey. He is lost without her. And playing with Casen gets boring after about 20 minutes. We have actually been working on some workbooks to help him out. I feel like he is a little behind Corey, when she was his age!

My kids are getting so big!



1 comment:

Celeste@MomBodFitness said...

Aww...what a big day. I'm sure its a hard transition once the kids are in school all day. Jaren starts 1/2 day K on Monday. Crazy how big our kids are getting!