Saturday, August 15, 2009

First Camping Trip this Summer


So yes, it is already August and this was our first camping trip. We have seriously not gone overnight camping since Corey was like 1 years old. That was a bad experience and I told Matt I would never go tent camping again with babies. It is too hard. So we bought a 2004 pop-up trailer and it is awesome. We first of all got a great deal on it and second of all the kids feel more safe in it.
So we went up for dinner and to spend the night, up Green Canyon in North Logan. We invited Matt's family up for tin foil dinners and smores, but they chose not to stay; Mandy is prego and their daughter is only 2. So they went home about 10 or so and the kids were ready for bed and a few games of UNO.
The kids went to sleep great. We left a light on until they feel asleep. And the baby slept better than he has ever slept. But me and Matt did not sleep too well. All night I kept seeing my kids scoot closer and closer to the edge of their beds. The camp across from us was young kids or teens and were up giggling till 3 AM. Then everytime I layed down my nose stuffed up. (Come to find out the next day, I had a sinus infection). I also had to pee all night and did not want to pee outside by myself in the dark with the bears. I have a little anxiety about bears and protecting my kids because of a Utah bear story last year. I cannot get over that story. I really try and be brave for my kids, but get scared and cannot sleep well. So I tossed and turned all night and then about 5 AM it starts raining and it was so loud. It rained for hours. But at least we know our trailer keeps us dry!
But the kids woke up about 7 AM and could not fall back to sleep. So we played some more UNO until 8:30AM and then I made Matt get up and take us home. It still had not stopped raining and UNO was getting boring. SO we packed all the kids up in the rain and made it home. We then had to spend the next hour hosing everything off because it was muddy and wet!
So our first camping experience was not all we had hoped, but we did learn a few tricks for next time. We hope to go 2 or so more times this summer and fall before it gets too cold! Sorry we do not have any pics of the camper. I will get on that!














1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

You made a memory, right!? It was a success! :)

We are headed to Bear Lake Friday in our new camper. I hope our night goes a bit better than yours did.