Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a really fun and relaxing Thanksgiving Weekend. Em came up Thursday morning and brought her famous oreo balls. They were so good and such a hit!  I ended up bringing fudge and my pretzel jello salad. 

So that morning I went and worked out at crossfit. I love the Thanksgiving Workouts.They really are alot of fun! Then I headed to the store and brought the kids home some donuts and Matt some breakfast burritos. Wal-mart was so quiet it was almost freaky. But oh so nice! Then we came home and got ready and took a few family pics. Too bad we forgot to get Em and Mya in the pic! Then we headed over to Winnan and Norms for dinner! 

I was so excited because Brit and Toph brought their twins. They were 6 weeks old. And they looked so cute! So we ate dinner, cleaned up a little, held the babies and talked and watched football and some people even slept. The fire was on in their family room and it felt so good! I loved holding the babies. They are so precious, but I also remember still how much work they are and was happy I wasn't the one having to worry about pumping or breastfeeding or all that stuff. It reassures me when I am around people with babies that I am ready to be done! But I loved holding Breea and Livia and could hold them all day long. I guess Britt said that night when they went home and for 2 days the babies were so hard. I bet they had too much stimulation at Thanksgiving. Sorry Brit!









Em was laying by the fire with Crew and he fell asleep. So cute! They love their auntie Em!




That night we left about 6 to go home. That night the kids decided to paint Xmas figurines I had found at Wal-Mart and we also decorated our tree. The kids decorated their little trees too! It was a productive but fun night! I was tired and excited to go to bed! 
















The next morning, Mr. Peeps, their elf came and the kids were so excited! We lounged around and then decided to go for a walk. Then Em had to get ready to leave because she had to work Friday night! We love having Em over and the kids were sad she only got to stay for a short time. 










That night Matt went on his annual 4-wheeling trip up to the snow shack with his friends, so I took my kids to Mcdonalds for dinner and to go see the movie Frozen. It was the cutest show! We also did a little xmas shopping afterwards too! But only to the non-crazy stores. NO Wal-Mart and no KMART. And no to the mall!

Saturday, I went to a baptism of a little girl in  my class and I did a little xmas shopping too while Corey was babysitting and Matt was at the Utah State Football game with Casen. So that night, Matt had his fun at the game, so he let me take Corey and Cade to go and see Catching Fire. It was such a good movie. I loved it! And so did Corey! We usually don't see movies Thanksgiving Weekend, but this time we did and it wasn't too bad. Crew is actually alot easier to take now, so its more enjoyable! 
It really was a great weekend and I was sad to see it end and to have to see my kids go back to school! 
 







No comments: