Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Caderman Turns 8

Can't believe it is Caderman's 8th bday today! Such a special age. He will be getting baptized but not until June. It just works better for our family to wait till June! 

Cade was my child, that tried to come 9 weeks early when I was pregnant with him. It was super scary! I went into pre-term labor and was dilated to a 4 and actually did not not end up having him! They had to give me some medicine to calm my uterus down. I even had to ride in an ambulance down to Ogden's Mckay Dee Hospital because I was only 31 weeks. The dr's did estimate that he was a good 4.5 lbs already, but that it would be safer if he could stay inside the womb. So luckily I did not have him and I got to return to Logan, but I had to be on bed-rest for the next 8 weeks and it was terrible. But it was so worth it. 

Cade was our easiest kid. He slept the best of any of our other kids. He could sleep anywhere and he would sleep forever. He also was just so pleasant. He only cried when he was hungry or needed his diaper changed or he was tired! No extra crying! He ate so good. Grandpa Norm's nickname for Cade was "Lunch." The dr even told me that Cade was an overeater and that when I breastfed him, I had to time it and cut him off because he would not cut himself off. So funny!

Today he is still a great friend and older brother to his little brothers. He loves sports. He loves his friends. He loves to collect football cards. He loves to play soccer, baseball, basketball and football. He is so easy-going. But he is the biggest tease I know and he tries to act like Mr. Innocent all the time. He is very loveable and loves to snuggle. 

We love our Caderman and are so excited for his decision to get baptized. Love you Cade!














1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

happy birthday to Caden. Wow! Big 8 is a neat one.