Thursday, April 18, 2013

Greenville's Got Talent

Corey is my only daughter and girls are so much different than boys. This last month has been a little stressful trying to prepare for this talent show. I told myself to enjoy it because I doubt  my boys will be trying out for talent shows. So I am just enjoying the fact that Corey loves to be involved. 

So first, I had to help her make up a dance. And let me just tell you....I was not born to be a choreographer. We had to look online for some country moves...etc. etc. etc. Choreographers must be born with that creativeness in their brains because I was not born with any bit of creativeness. We decided to do a country line dance but to some Pitbull music...some more modern music...music the kids might recognize. So that took us a couple days. Then Corey and Reygan had about 2 weeks to learn it. Then they had to find some cute little outfits.

Then we had the stressful day of tryouts...which I was probably more nervous than she was. Corey is so hard on herself, so I wanted her to make the actual SHOW so that I did not have to see her be so hard on herself if she didn't make it....and CRY ABOUT IT! There were about 12-15 acts from the 4th grade. They chose 5 acts from grades 3, 4 and 5. So there was a total of 15 acts that could make it for the actual talent show. The next day, she called me at lunch and told me that her and Reygan had made the talent show. RELIEF! YAH!

So a few days later, after they practiced a few more hours, it was time for the GREENVILLE TALENT SHOW and I was nervous again. The show wasn't until 2 PM in the afternoon, which I was kind of upset about because all these kids in the show were nervous and had to think about it all day! The first thing Corey said to me when I saw her right before the show was "Mom I have had a stomach ache all day." And I didn't tell her, but I had a stomach ache all day too because I was nervous for her. They were the 3rd act in the show and dad even came to watch. They did really good and the kids loved it! There were also some other really cool acts...dancing, singing, a boy gymnast on the bars, a breakdancing robot, some piano pieces, etc. 

They usually let the kids vote and tell the winner the next day! But this year, they just had the judges do the voting. And they chose a 1st and 2nd place for each grade. So luckily Corey and Reygan got 2nd place in the 4th grade and it sure made their day! She had Greenville Talent Show adrenaline all day and was in such a good mood. They looked so cute and I was proud. But honestly I am kind of glad its over because it was making me anxious. You just want your kids to do so well!!!








No comments: