Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of School

 

Can't believe summer is over for my kiddos. They were actually excited to go back and see their friends. I was honestly excited too because there were days where there was too much fighting and messes all day long and I need a break from that! But I don't want summer to end and all the fun activities. It seems like when winter arrives, we don't get to do as much because of snow, cold weather, and icy roads. So I love the summer and fall because we get to travel around Utah and have fun! I have noticed the nights getting a little colder and it depresses me cause I know winter is right around the corner.

Corey started 4th grade today with Mrs. Gutke and Cade started 2nd grade today with Mrs. Checketts. They both had their outfits laid out last night and were excited to get up this morning. Hopefully their first day was lots of fun! 

Casen WANTS to be starting pre-school this year, but we are going to hold him off one more year. Crew needs a friend at home in the mornings and that is just one less place I have to run my kids. Plus Casen seems to be following in Corey's footsteps. I think school might be easier for him. I still want to work with him at home a little bit everyday, but I want him at home with me and Crew. Plus pre-school is just one more place to contract germs and bring them home! 

6 HOURS LATER....
Talked to my kids when they got home from school and the both had smiles on their faces and only had good things to say....
Corey told me about her teacher and all her friends teachers. She told me what all her friends were wearing and how the teams were picked for soccer at lunchtime and how she likes her teacher. And she told me about alot of other stuff....She just talks and talks and talks.

I had to pull answers out of Cade. But he likes his teacher and his class and he is excited about the gummy bears his teacher passes out if you are paying attention. He also told me about soccer at lunchtime. Looks like the kids are going to have a good year!








Crew and Casen wanting to be part of all the excitement. Casen even got his new backpack out!

Gotta show off the new backpacks!


Ready for his first year of HOME pre-school! Cutie!


No comments: