Saturday, August 18, 2012

Strikers Tournament in Layton


We have been driving down to Layton this week to watch Corey and her soccer team HAVOC play in the Strikers Tournament. I am obsessed with watching soccer and so are the other parents, so we came to every game. And I dragged all the kids to every one of them. They really were good sports and well behaved!

The first game they won 1-0 and Corey probably had her best game. Lots of the parents and coaches told Corey it was her best game ever. She played defender most of the game.

The 2nd game they won 3-0. Corey also had a good game and the girls were excited they won.

The 3rd game they lost 2-0, but they did so awesome. This team they played was so good and there was one particular girl on their team that was AMAZING! In fact she got MVP of their team, for the tournament.

So HAVOC made it to the finals and they played the same team they lost 2-0 to. It was such an intense game....both coaches almost got kicked out, one of our coaches got red carded because he went out to check on our goalie on the field, after she got mowed over. Anyway, to say the least, it was intense and so close. We did lose 3-2. The ref actually called the game a few minutes early because it was getting too nasty and she was sick of dealing with the coaches. Corey did score one of the goals on a break away. I was crying because I knew how happy she was inside and how proud of herself she was. I was bawling and I made some of the other moms bawl because I was crying! I honestly did not think she was going to make it because it is so nerve wracking when it is just the player and the goalie. But she made it and I was in tears! Luckily I had my sunglasses on. EMBARRASSING MOM!

But the girls got 2nd place in the GOLD DIVISION. And they did awesome! They got silver medals. I love watching Corey play soccer and I hope she decides to do it in high school! I am obsessed with watching it!




 Getting their medals!


Corey said she felt sick here after the game....tired from running so hard!

 Corey getting her medal!


Team Pic!


We're Awesome! We're Crazy! We're Havoc! (That is their little cheer they do before the game!)


No comments: