Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day

Valentines Day is all about LOVE. And I love getting little gifts for my kids and dressing them up in Valentines colors. I was actually really shocked because Corey picked out her own outfit and she looked cute. I never would have guessed she would have worn a tutu to school at her age. But I thought she looked adorable. And I love my boys in red!
 I think Kids love Valentines too because they want to see what they get from their secret crush. Corey actually got an I LOVE YOU ring from a kid in her class that she has had a crush on. So funny! I remember those days! They always come home with a bunch of cards and candy!

I tried to think of something cute to do for breakfast and so I just cut eggos into heart shapes. Totally last minute, but they looked cute! And then they got to open their little gifts. They each got a stuffed animal, some candy, and a little gift they wanted. Casen got puzzles because he is obsessed with puzzles and Corey got and American girl outfit. And Cade wanted a DS Game. So they were happy and didn't want to go to school because they wanted to play with their new things.

That night, Matt and I were suppose to go to dinner at the Coppermill with Mandy and Regan and Nan was going to watch all of our kids, but of course my kids got sick. My two little ones woke up with bad colds and coughs. I didn't want Mandys kids getting sick because they have a newborn, so we cancelled our plans. I ended up getting the kids pizza and Matt and I picked up chicken and steak from our favrite place MO BETTA STEAKS. After dinner, we got the kids in bed a little earlier and just spent the night together alone. It turned out nice. Relaxing. Plus we are going on a cruise this weekend (FINALLY. IT HAS BEEN 2 YEARS SINCE WE HAD A VACATION.) So we didn't care about Valentines dinner. We will be getting plenty of nice dinners on the ship. So excited! That was our gift to each other. A NICE VACATION! So hard to leave my kids, but SOOO READY for a KID-FREE VACATION!


Feel bad...must have forgot to get a pic of Cade alone!


Casen has been smiling so weird lately. Sideways smile! Almost looks like he got shocked and his smile tilts sideways now. Happened to Matt's family dog years ago. He got shocked and then his mouth always hung to one side! I gotta work with Case on that smile!
And I just can't get Crew to look at the camera!

No comments: