Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Ski Day @ Beaver

We have not been able to go skiing alot this year because it is an ALL DAY affair and it is hard to find babysitters, plus the kids have school and Saturdays are always really busy! So this last Saturday, we had heard that Beaver had gotten a new 3- man lift on Little Beaver, so Matt was going to take the 2 older kids. But then my sister-in-law offered to watch my other kiddos while I went with them. It was alot of fun!

 We did stay on Little Beaver all day because my kids kind of needed the practice. Corey picked it up quick and was back to normal within 1 run. Cade was SO SLOW the first run and I thought "OH great. This is going to be a long day." But on the 2nd run, he really picked it up and was not scared anymore. It turned out to be a fun day for the kids. Me and Matt were a little antsy, wanting to go on the Bigger Lifts and Runs, but it was still fun! Next time, we decided that the kids are both ready to go over and try the harder runs! (Oh sorry, I guess Corey has already been on the bigger runs. She is reading this over my shoulder, as I type.) It was also a nice day...not cold or windy. My kids really love skiing and I need to learn how to ski now. I just snowboard. I have tried it once and it was not too bad! My kids even got so comfortable, we let them ride up together on the lift, but I was nervous for them, the whole way up. But they made it. And we all made it home in one piece.
















No comments: