Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crew's 1 Year Old Bday Party

We decided to have Crew's 1 year old family party on a Sunday night, even though it was not his REAL birthday because it was easier to get everyone together. I am still burned out from Xmas and so I was not looking forward to another party, but I did  a 1 year old party for all my other kids and so I decided I had to do one for Crew too. It actually was really simple and it turned out fun and the kids got to play with their cousins. We just invited our family and a few friends. My sisters Em and Becca even came from SLC.

We first just let everyone eat a few appetizers and visit. And then we let Crew open his few presents. He was not really into his presents, so we had the other kids try and show him how to open them. He then wanted to open them once he saw that they were toys. But he was still confused!

After the kids played with Crew's new toys for a bit, we decided to do cake and ice cream. We put Crew in his high chair in just his diaper and gave him his little cake and let him dig in. He was not sure what to do at first and was not sure he liked the taste either. Then once he got his hands dirty, he was not sure he liked that either. He was just starting to like the cake, and then Matt took Crews head and shoved it into his cake. SO MEAN! He then was crying because he had frosting in his eyes. Really, Matt? He is just 1! But once we got his face cleaned up and gave him some ice cream, he sat there for another 15 minutes and just ate. He started acting silly and kind of drunk. I think he was on a sugar high! I was surprised he went to bed so easy that night. He was exhausted!

Anyway, it went great! And it was so fun to get to see the relatives and visit with them. We don't get together as oftenn as we use to. Everyone gets so busy! I still can't believe my baby is 1. Kind of sad!


























No comments: