Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Little Soccer Pro

Corey is 8 years old now and is playing on a competitive soccer team named HAVOC. She loves it and I love to watch her play. I use to think that I would enjoy watching her dance more, but I actually love watching her play soccer more because I use to play. Competitive is also alot more intense to watch then rec soccer, so it makes it that more interesting. But just this year while playing and practicing with her team she has improved so much! And they are pretty good this year too so the games are always so close. Corey ususally plays mid-field and sometimes defense and sometimes forward. But her main position is half-back. She has gotten alot faster this year and is able to dribble alot better. She has probably scored about 5 goals this season. She also plays with her cousins Reygan and Ryley who she is obsessed with, so it makes it that more fun to go to practice and the games. Her Fall Season is almost over and then we will have to wait until Spring to play. She is sure going to miss is. In fact, Corey and her cousins made up a cheer for the team and they do it every game. It goes like this "We're awesome....We're Crazy....We're Havoc." It is so cute! They have also made some cute friends on the team!

Daddy (Matt) is a little intense watching Corey play. He knows how good she can play and what her potential is, so he cheers and yells the whole game and Corey gets bugged. She just wants to play. She told Matt that she "knows what she is suppose to do, and she doesn't need him yelling at her the whole game about what to do." I have to remind him that she is only 8 years old and not to get so intense.

They will probably get about 3rd place or 4th place this year out of about 8 teams. They are so fun to watch and I have lost my voice at many of her games cheering them on. I am so glad that she is so competitive at soccer because I really enjoy watching it! Oh and we are teaching her to not be TOO COMPETITIVE  because after alot of her games, she ends up in tears because of a bad call a ref made or because they lost or something of that nature and I have to remind her that it is just a game!











2 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

That is a great picture of her and Matt hugging. I bet she is doing great! That's fun! Good Job Corey!

Dan and Marsha said...

What a sweetheart Matt is to her, don't you just love watching your kids succeed and having fun!