Sunday, October 30, 2011

Part 1... Trip to CA.

The first place we went on Saturday, the day after we got there was of course THE BEACH. Daddy never goes with us to CA in the summer because he is too busy with work. So he never gets to go to the beach with us. So we decided to take the kids to the beach. It was pretty warm for October. We left the house, inland a little and it was about 80 degrees, but when we got to the beach it was about 70-75 with some wind. The kids loved it though. Casen was scared of the waves. He thought they were going to take him away.  And Crew didn't love the sand. You can see in some of our pics, he is lifting his feet because he does not want to touch it. We were laughing so hard when he was doing that. It was nice and relaxing. And I can say I miss the beach, but I miss the laying out and relaxing and swimming in the ocean, but all those things I don't get to do anyway when my kids are in tow. So anyway. It was fun to go and spend some time there. My sister Becca came too with her boyfriend JR and so did my parents.

That night we went up to San Clemente to my sister Stephs house to let the kids swim and to have a BBQ. That was pretty fun too, until Corey got sick and started throwing up. (Our whole family had the flu the week before we came to CA and I just thought Corey got lucky and never got it. Bummer she had to get in on vacation and the worst part was that it was so catchy that it went thru  my sisters whole family while we were there and my mom got it too. Sucked for them. I felt bad!)






















Then Sunday, I took my kids to meet a few of my old friends and their families at a local Pumpkin Patch. Wow it sure has changed since I use to go there as a kid. Instead of just pumpkins, it is everything from food to bounce houses to rock climbing walls, to hay rides. We had fun seeing all my friends and their families. It was a little hard to actually get to talk alot to each other because we all had our kids and it was HOT and hectic. But it was still fun to see all of them. I got to see Karen, Tiff, Jamie, and Ty and their families. It was like 85 degrees and my kids were miserable. We waited in a couple of long lines and then decided to call it a day! We all joked afterwards that we should go to dinner next time, just girls and maybe just bring pics of our kids...so we can chat more and get caught up. But it was still fun!












No comments: