Sunday, April 17, 2011

Schedules Getting Busier

So this past Saturday was a little crazy and it is getting crazier with spring arriving. But I am glad. I am happy for it to warm up and to get out a little bit. First of all, both my kids had their first soccer game at the same time, Saturday morning. So I decided to take Crew to Corey's game and Matt took Casen to Cade's game. Matt said Cade did awesome. He really hustled and is one of the older kids this year, so he will have an advantage. Matt thought he earned $2 for good effort...even though later Matt told me Cade scored for the other team...trying to turn the ball out of the goal. OOPS. Corey also did really awesome....a little timid at first, but once she saw her 2 friends on the team, Tyler and Shaina, she was so excited. She really hustled out there and scored 2 goals. I was proud of her. Daddy thought she earned $5 for her goals. I really do love watching soccer, but soccer season is always rainy and cold. So of course it started to rain at Corey's game, but it was not too cold. But try breastfeeding a hungry newborn in the rain...not so fun. My friend Kelley helped me out with lending me one of her chairs and trying to shade me from the rain, under her umbrella. I came so unprepared. Then Corey had a princess party thing she got invited too...so we were getting ready in the car and meeting her cousins there. It was a princess convention with costumes and games and hair updos and nail painting and face painting and all that. She really had a good time and came home with a haul of prizes. She did not want to wear a princess dress, but she did wear a more casual dress. Then she came home and I had to hurry and get her ready for her dance pics. We missed them last year because of soccer games, so we had to hurry not to miss them this year. She had 3 costume changes and so I made Matt keep Cade and Casen home with him. I took the baby and helped Corey for the next 2 hours take pics. It was not too bad, but not necessarily my idea of a fun time. When we got home, the kids played outside while Matt cleaned the garage and his car and then they got invited to their cousins for a late night, so Matt and I had a few more quiet hours with Crew and Casen and each other. Then Sunday, we decided to take Crew to church for the first time. We went to the first hour, then Matt and I took Casen home to nap and I went back with the baby for the third hour. It felt good to go to church. I really have needed that spiritual uplift lately. And Crew behaved great! The reason I say we are getting busier is because it is the end of the year, I have 2 kids bdays, my bday, our anniversary, dance recitals, soccer games, baseball games, etc. So April, May and June are busy. Plus we just moved our older kids rooms downstairs which was quite the chore. And now we are getting new carpet upstairs which is going to be alot of work. But at least it is helping me loose my baby weight. I will post pics of my kids rooms when they are fully complete. We are still hanging pics and doing the final touches. In between all that, I am still learning how to juggle 4 kids and keep up. The other night, I had the hardest day ever. Crew was cranky all day...I think because I ate spicy foods and so I had to hold him all day because he was whiny. Then that night, I tried to run errands alone, but the whole time my family was calling asking where I was...no joke like 20 times. Then Casen fell off the counter that night and hit his head hard and even threw up. So needless to say, it was a terrible night. And so much for going to bed early that night...I had to stay up with Casen to make sure he was going to be OK. So things are better, but I really do not want to have another day like that. It is days like that, that I tell myself we are done having kids. But then the next day, when Crew was back to his original cute self, I think I have to have 1 more. But I am still hormonal, so no decisions need to be made now!








1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

sounds like you need some good weather to come so atleast you can run, run, run in some sun. You are busy, but it is such a blessing to be busy and be able to manage it all. You are doing great. Enjoy this time. It will be gone before you know it!