Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My kind of Camping- Cherry Hill


So yes I am a wuss. I really do love REAL camping, but it is so dirty and so much work to clean up and YES I am a little... OK ALOT scared of wild animals, namely BEARS. Every since that kid got pulled out if his tent a few years ago, in Utah, I am scared because I feel like I cannot protect my cubs, my babies, from something like that. I really do have a great time camping with alot of people and tend to do better, but it is still in the back of my mind. So we decided to go "JEN CAMPING" to Cherry Hill in Kaysville. My kids loved it. I loved it . And Matt thought it was OK. He was sick for half the trip. He had a little flu bug and slept in the camper part of the time. It sucked. He wanted to go home. But we had just got there and the kids and I really wanted to stay.
The trip started out a little rough with the camper not working at first. We could not get the power to work, we forgot a hose, and we could not get the Crank to keep the pop-up trailer up. It was stressful at first and if any of you know Matt, he does not do well in stressful situations. Over the last 10 years of marriage, I have just learned to ignore him when he gets stressed, but he turns into a BEAR. Then the next morning, when he woke up sick, that was not a good thing. Luckily in the afternoon he started to feel better and got to do some of the fun activities that were here.
I loved it because we were camping on grass. We had bathrooms with showers. The kids got to ride their bikes. They had fun things for the kids like minature golf and a little water park thing. I slept so good and so did the kids. The only bummer part is you cannot have a campfire. But other than that it was so fun! So relaxing. The weather was great. We took walks while the kids rode their bikes. The kids actually feel asleep, all 3 of them, at 8:30 PM the 2nd night. It was great. But the kids were up earlier too. 6:45 AM one morning Casen woke up, which sucked for me. And the other kids woke up about 7:30AM. So I did come home super tired, but still had way fun!
One little mishap, POOR COREY. She has 2 new nicknames now. We call her MURPHY and THE SCARECROW (From wizard of oz) because she is really clumsy and if anything bad can happen to her, it will. We were on the tube ride their and TWICE she got bumped off her tube and stuck under other tubes/riders... PANNICKING. Both times I was with her and just jumped off my tube to pull her out, along with the life guards, but it freaked her out to bad, that she was done. I guess she is just too much of a lite weight. Anyway, she just had bad luck. And I hope her clumsiness wears off eventually. I thought it was wearing off, but it CAME BACK! She is very coordinated, just clumsy!
So we had fun and I do want to make it a tradition every year to go to Cherry Hill and bring FRIENDS and FAMILY too.



































































































































































































































































































































No comments: