Monday, September 14, 2009

The Diabetes 5K Walk

Last Saturday, I took my kids and joined my niece Teisha and her family for the Logan 5K Walk for Diabetes. Teisha is 21 now and has Type I Diabetes and so does her dad. So we like to support them every year and walk with the family. We love Tiesha and Chad and pray for them all the time that we can find a cure for Diabetes. We also pray that none of our family or anyone else in their family gets diabetes either. It is a hard disease to live with and adjust to.

The walk was an awesome turn out. There were so many people and the kids had a great time. Teisha's T-shirts were also a hit again this year. The little girls all looked so cute in their little pink shirts. My sister-in-law Mandy is 36 weeks pregnant and she made the 3.2 mile walk too. I think she was hoping to go into labor. She was hurting a little afterwards, but she made it.

We love you Tiesha and Chad and hope there is a cure out there SOON!





























No comments: