Monday, January 27, 2014

Another Winter Cache Valley Weekend


So this past weekend we had  a lot of fun! Our family went up to Beaver Mt. on Thursday night to go Night Skiing with our friends, the Thatchers and the Jones. The older kids had a lot of fun, even though it was cold. They had to come in a few times to de-thaw, but they were right back out there.  Crew only made it down 3 runs of the magic carpet and he was too cold! Casen did really well too, but he got cold and wanted to hang out in the lodge and drink hot chocolate too. Matt took Casen up the lift and down Little Beaver a few times. He took him the first two times with the harness and the last time without the harness. He said he did really well and that he was ready! Crew went up once with the harness and Matt said he prob is not ready till next year. But Crew still had a lot of fun! Matt did say he was really quiet on the lift. Maybe he is scared of heights! Too funny! I ended up just staying in the lodge with the kids. I really hate to be cold, so night skiing is not my favorite! 

That night, Grandma Christy and Papa and Grandpa Allan made it up to our house. They were attending a funeral down in Provo and decided to stay a day and a half with us. So it was short, but fun! Mom and Grandpa visited some relatives Friday morning, while me and Papa and the kids went and got ice cream and took a drive to see our Storage Units, and then we came home and watched the Gold Rush Series called Klondike. It was super good! (Matt actually went out of town, with some friends, up to the cabin, snowmobiling. So he was not home all weekend.) That night we all went to Chuck-a-Rama for dinner, my kids favorite!

The next morning, they had to leave, so we said our goodbyes and then we had to hurry and get ready for Cade's basketball game! It is hard for me to say good-bye to my parents because we really do not get to see them much and I am sad that they don't get to see my kids grow up and do all their sporting events. It seems like it doesn't hit me when they leave until a day or two later and then I get really depressed over it and SAD! 
 I really love having my kids in winter sports because we are not crazy skiiers yet, because our kids are still kinda young, so it gives us something to do on the weekends. Cade is in basketball right now and Corey is playing indoor soccer. Cade had a game that morning at 11. And even though they got clobbered that morning, it still felt good to get out and watch Cade play. That night Corey had an indoor soccer game and they did awesome. They won 12-0. I am a little envious she gets to play indoor. I love indoor and wish they had an adult league. I really miss it! They were passing so good that night and scoring so awesome. They were really ON POINT! We stayed and watched the other Havoc Team play and then we went to dinner with Corey's coach Kurt and his wife Kelley and their kids. It was just me, cause Matt was out of town, but the kids had fun even though they were a little crazy in the restaurant with their friends! We went to Village Inn, our favorite place!

That next morning, I actually did take the kids to church, all three hours, by myself and it actually worked out great! I was glad we went!



The Basketball Posse....Crew, Ian, Casen, and Riley.



Night Skiing at Beaver...Hot Chocolate Time!







Saying good-bye to Grandma Christy, Papa, and Grandpa Allan




No comments: