Saturday, February 23, 2013

Carnival Cruise- Part 1


We flew out on a Saturday night and got caught in a pretty yucky snowstorm in SLC on the way to the airport. It felt so good to be getting out of town. My sister Em was watching the kids, so I knew they would be fine. But I was having a little anxiety about leaving them for 8 days. Right as we were leaving, Casen had gotten a fever and so I was worried that my other kids were going to be sick and that Em would have to deal with it all week. Cade was also just getting over his sickness that he had had all week. I guess they were fine for the most part. It must have been all those prayers I said to keep them safe and healthy while I was gone. I knew I needed the break, but it is always hard to leave the little ones. But Em is so on top of things, she did awesome. They loved having her.

We had a red eye that night, which always sucks because sleeping on an airplane and in an airport is terrible. I knew we would all be zombies that first night on the cruise. We finally made it to the cruise port and were able to get on the boat. We roamed the boat, had some lunch and found our rooms. We actually got balconies this time, which was awesome and so worth it. We were neighbors with Mandy/ Reg and Toph/Brit. It was fun that we were so close together. Made it easier to find each other!

The first day on the boat, we had a day at sea. I think we slept in, ate some breakfast, and then actually went and worked out at the gym. This was the first cruise I have ever gone on that we worked out on the boat. It actually felt good because we were eating a lot of food and needed something to help digest it. Then we just layed out and lounged all day....also eating in between. I think that first night, was also one of our FANCY NIGHTS to dress up for dinner. So that is always fun! I love the dinners because at home, we never get the chance to have a 2 hour dinner with adults....actually enjoying your every bite and having good adult conversation. It is so fun!

That next morning, we stopped in Grand Turks. Mandy and Regan went scuba diving with a tour. So the rest of us, just got off on the island and we ended up taking a 1.5 hour tour of the island and then headed to the beach afterwards. It was a lot of fun. I think my most favorite part is swimming in that beautiful blue water. I love it. I was just wishing we had goggles so I could see what I was swimming with. We ended up not renting snorkel  gear because there was not a lot to see on the beach that we were at. But it was a nice day. After we got back on the boat, we had a nice meal, laid out some more, and waited for dinner again. The boys, once again, were eating so much, I knew they were tire of food by DAY 3 or 4. We had to keep reminding them to slow it down! I think we went to a comedy show this night too. So funny! The comedy shows were great on this cruise. The other entertainment, not so great!























No comments: