Thursday, February 21, 2013

4th Grade Ski Day at Beaver



Corey had her 4th grade ski day about 2 weeks ago and she loved it. If you know Corey, she planned for weeks for this trip, making sure she had everything she needed and was working out all the details with friends and cousins. She was even worried/excited the night before and couldn't sleep. But she worried for nothing. She had the most fun time!

A few of the kids parents went up. Lynley  and Chad both went up and so that's where I got these cute pics. I took Corey to school an hour early and they all hopped on the buses and headed up to Beaver.  Corey took a class with some of her classmates. It was an Intermediate class. They went down Little Beaver, like 4-5 times and then the instructor gave them permission based on their skills, where they could go. Corey was allowed to go all over the mt. I guess she skied with her friend Tyler and cousin Reygan. And Aunt Lynley stayed with them. Cousin Ryley was ahead of the girls skiing down the mt. She skied with her brother Jaice and their cousin Mason. Chad I guess stayed with them. I think Corey was worried her cousins were going to be so much better than her and not wait for her. But it ended up all working out and she had so much fun! She said her and Ty were about the same skill level, but that Ty was way more daring than her. Ty would try anything. She said Reygan is not as daring, but is a good skier. And she said Ryley is really fast and daring, but not as daring as Tyler. Anyway, she loved it. They all had hot dogs and hamburgers in the parking lot at Chad and Lynleys truck. She loved it so much, she is already excited for next year and can't wait! I was a little nervous sending her...my little girl... up there on the mt without me or Matt, but she proved to me that she is responsible and careful on the lifts and that she is not too daring and crazy so she does not get hurt. I did make me feel better that Chad and Lynley were up there. But she did so good and I am glad she had fun! I worried about her all day, hoping she was not in tears or skiing alone, etc. So proud of her. She sure is growing up! It is bittersweet!

No comments: