Monday, June 18, 2012

Swimming Lessons



Cade
 

I told Corey last year that she was done with Swimming Lessons and that I thought she was a strong enough swimmer, so this year I just had Cade and Casen in swimming lessons. Cade probably has one more year after this but this was Casen's 1st Year! 

Cade is getting stronger. It is really fun to see your kids improving, especially in something like this....A LIFE SKILL! He really is quite a fish! 

This was Casen's first year and he did so awesome the first two days and them the third day he freaked out. He screamed the whole time and would not even sit by the side of the pool. I would not let him come and sit with me. I made him sit on the concrete the whole 40 minutes. I felt like the meanest mom and it sucked cause I was on spotlight with all the other moms watching me probably thinking I was mean too. (And I am not saying that my kid was the only one crying. There were lots of kids crying, but my kid was screaming bloody murder in an indoor pool. Talk about an echo!) He kept saying he was scared of going on his back and he did not like his teacher. Oh by the way, she was great and so nice! 

So he was in a lot of trouble that night. We just kept talking about what a baby he was...and how he was going to have to sleep in the crib again cause he was a baby now. And that he could not go in our hot tub cause he was not a big boy. And I did not buy him a treat that day. So we just talked about it all day. We even took him in our hot tub that night and practiced his back float. So the next day and the rest of the two weeks, he was great. He never cried again and he was such a BIG BOY! He even passed his class. Kids can be so funny like that. He had his mind set that he did not want to swim that day and he didn't.

It was a fun two weeks. We stayed afterwards a few times and swam at the outdoor pool. But it is always a long two weeks. I am always glad when it is over. Crew is also such a pain to babysit there. He just wants to run and he can't!


Cade


Casen


Casen's Back Float


Casen on the side of pool!


Last day of swimming lessons...

The troopers that had to come and watch everyday and help babysit!

No comments: