Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Chill Weekend

This weekend was kind of nice. We did not really have any plans. No Sam's Club on Friday night. No Village Inn on Saturday night. We just brought home take out and hung out at home! I took the kids to see a movie Friday after school and then we brought home take out and then we just let the kids play in the garage all night. We backed out the cars and let the kids play. Cade had some room to ride his go-kart he got for Xmas and Cade also needed to practice  his basketball skills for his first game on Saturday morning. The kids loved it. It does kind of suck living in a cold weathered place because the kids just want to be outside, but it is too cold. So good thing Matt built a nice size garage. Even Crew loved it. We locked him in the kids play/truck in a seat belt and he would just sit there and watch them. So funny!

Saturday, Cade was a little nervous for his first game. This is the first year he has played basketball. To be honest, I was a little nervous for him too. But it just took him about a minute or so to get the feel of the game and he did awesome. He even had 2 break aways where he was the only one by the basket and he scored. Kinda cool. Now lets just hope he is not a ball hog and passes every once in awhile. He was way more coordinated than I thought he was going to be. YEAH! And I could tell that he loved it! I was a proud mom. I was so happy he loved it!

Saturday night we did the same thing again...I brought home Subway sandwhiches and the kids just played in the garage. And of course Matt watched the Republican debates. Annoying! But other than that, it was kind of relaxing.

Then Sunday, today was our first church meeting at 9 AM and we did it. We had everyone ready and actually even ate breakfast and made it on time. I was amazed. Might not be too bad! And I even got a Sunday nap in! Now to prepare for Casen's birthday tomorrow! I think we are just going to make it Chill also!










No comments: