Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fathers Day

We had a very nice Fathers Day with Matt. We bought a bike rack a couple weeks ago and so he wanted that to be his Fathers Day present, but I still took the kids out Saturday and picked out a few cute things that we knew he would like....like car washing stuff and some shorts, etc.

So Sunday we woke up and made daddy crepes for breakfast....his favorite. Then we let him open his presents which the kids were so excited to give him. Then of course we went to church like we try and do every Fathers Day. And then when we got home, I had to finish making the CAFE RIO dinner that I had planned for Matt. Pork Barbacoa salad and burritos. But instead I just made a little more and decided to go over to Mandys house and feed Nan and Norm, our family and Mandys family. It is fun to get together with family....especially if we are eating or celebrating a holiday. And what better day than Fathers Day! I was pleasantly surprised that the dinner turned out. I was nervous making it for other people when I had never made it before. It turned out to be a nice day for Matt.

I love Matt and and I love what a great husband and dad he is. He works so hard to support our family and to allow us to live comfortably and to allow me to stay home with our kids. I can tell how much he loves us. And he really is a great dad. He tries to spend quality time with the kids and to attend all of their sporting events. I really did marry a great man!

No comments: