Friday, January 23, 2009

Tribute to MY MOM












So it has been about a week or so since my mom has gone home and I am really missing her. She lives in CA and it is so far away. I always get a little depressed for a week or so after my family leaves to go home; especially my mom after I just had a baby. She has been at every one of my baby births and I just love it. I love that she gets to share that experience with me. And I think Matt likes her there for comfort too. She likes to come up for the labor and then be there for us to see the baby the first week or so and to help us adjust. She helps with my other kids, running errands, cleaning up the house, and of course we just like her there for conversation and company.
It is such a fun time. The kids get to see their "Grandma Christy" and we get to catch up. I always feel closer to her, during her 2 week stay. I love my mom and it is always hard to see her go. She always cries too when she has to say good-bye to the new baby because they will not look like a newborn the next time they see them! Love you MOM!



3 comments:

sugarmama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaimee said...

Mom's are the best arne't they?! I am the same way when it comes to my mom leaving after being here...a little depressed and sad that she's not around. It's hard but you get reused to it after a week or so...life starts getting into a routine again and feeling normal but still every so often it comes to your mind and you get a little sad! Hang in there and sounds like your mom is a saint! I'm glad she could be out here for you!

becca said...

Jen!! This little post made me miss you and mom and everyone. Seriously I love our family. I can't wait til the day when I have kids and you guys get to all be there. Well I can wait to have kids haha but you know what I mean. I love you. It was the coolest experience to be there for Casen's birth.