Friday, January 23, 2009

Casen James Thompson - Jan. 9th, 2009, Friday



Waiting all day, Thursday, Jan. 8th, for a phone call from the Women's Center to be induced. Finally around 5:30 PM , they called and said to
"Come on up." So they started me on an antibiotic and pitocin around 7:00 PM and broke my water around 9:00 PM. And I did not have Casen until 1:59 AM , Friday morning, January 9th. So my labor was about 7 hours. I did get my epidrual, which was a good thing because Casen's head was posterior which means his head was down but his face was up, and his face is suppose to be down. So my DR. said that because he was posterior, it prolonged my labor by about 2 hours. So the Dr. had to turn his head while I was pushing and I just kept thinking "If I did not have an epidural, I would have been miserable." This laobr and pushing was a little bit harder than my others, I think because he was posterior. I was so tired and starving that I had no energy to push. But my recovery has been GREAT! My mom and Matt were there the whole labor. My sisters Em and Becca came to the hospital about 10:30 PM and Matt's mom and sister came up about 11:30 PM. So I was feeling bad that everyone had to stick around SO LATE! I do not think I got to bed until 6:00 AM the next morning. And my mom left around 4:30 AM. And my sister Steph, was at my house, right by her phone, babysitting all the kids! I love my family. My mom and my sisters really did alot for me while I was gone. They watched my kids, played with my kids and cleaned my house! I love them and could not have done this without them! I LOVE FAMILY! They are such a blessing to have. I did miss my dad and Mike. Wish they could have been here too.
My kids came up the next day and they were so cute and excited. I think they missed me more than they wanted to see their brother. No they were excited! They each got to hold him and I think Corey has changed her mind about wanting a SISTER! They both love him and are great babysitters! Steph's family came up to the hospital the next day and got to see through the waiting room window.
I am so in love with my precious little boy. Oh yeah, he was 20 1/2 inches long and 7 lbs. 5 oz. I think out of all my kids, he was the least beat up. I have really been enjoying him and I am not busy working from home, like I was with my other 2 kids. S0 I have really been able to enjoy the "newborn" experience. I love babies and I want like 5 more, but physically my body says only 1 more!


































































































































































































































































































































No comments: