Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Day Fun!


Christmas Morning was a lot of fun! My kids were so happy and so grateful for all the fun stuff they got. I did not hear any crying or complaining and it was quite peaceful; every Christmas morning that parents hope for! I was trying so hard to make it till Christmas and not have the baby! I was feeling pretty lousy, but I made it. My kids were quite worried they would have to have Christmas with just dad. And things might not get done right, if mom was not there. But I made it and the kids were thrilled. My kids slept in till about 8:30 which was nice. Then we did the whole presents thing till about 10:00. Then we had some yummy breakfast, grandma and grandpa came over for a bit. Then poor daddy, had to go shovel snow at the apartments for an hour or so, while we played new Christmas board games. Then we got ready to go over to Nanny's house for dinner and a few more presents. We had fun there, stayed till about 6:00 or so and then came back home. We were followed by family and the Wii! My brother-in-law got the Wii for Chrismtas and they played it non-stop all weekend. Wow! I do not know if I want one of those at my house. My kids actually loved it. Corey is awesome at the tennis game and Matt was loving it too! So we had a good day and a fun weekend. I was pretty tired each night and ready to crash, but I just love the Christmas season and I don't want it to end. My Christmas decorations might just stay up till Jan. 10th or so. And I am still listening to Christmas music. I am really holding on to this holiday season!
Now we just wait for baby #3. I have had a few good days and a few bad days. I hate this waiting period. A few times, I thought "this is it" and then I feel better and hour or so later. So now it is just Dr. appts. and guessing and trying to time my mom's flight here. It will be kinda tricky. I am still about 2.5 weeks out from my due date, but I really do not want to go that long. Wish me luck! Hope you all had a great holiday season too. We will keep you posted!







































3 comments:

Jaimee said...

So good to hear baby #3 waited! I hate the end of pregnancy's their rough! Especially the timing part when you have family that has to travel! If you need anything when the time does come and your mom isn't their yet, let me know! You can drop the kids off here as long as you need while your in the hospital! We would LOVE to have them! Hope you guys have a fun New Year's!! :)

Ellis family said...

I"m PATIENTLY waiting as well and as of yesterday nothing is even happening. My scheduled day is the 20th, but I think I'll kill myself if I go that long! Good luck i hope that it comes soon!

DeVore Family said...

Oh my gosh Jen, my girls had the same Christmas jammies as Cade! Too funny, were those boy jammies? Who cares red is an either/or color LOL!